GO TO SCHOOL
At EDUPAM, we firmly believe in the transformative power of education. Our organization is dedicated to promoting educational equity and providing opportunities for all children and youth in Mexico.
Our vision is simple yet powerful: we want every child in Mexico to have access to quality education and the ability to reach their full potential. We believe that education is not only a fundamental right but also the foundation for building a strong and prosperous future for our communities.
We work closely with community leaders in areas where educational inequality is most pronounced. Through our network of partners, we identify the specific needs and challenges of each community and design customized programs to effectively address them.
EDUPAM impacts the lives of hundreds of children by developing a replicable, high-quality model based on Community Learning Centers. These CLC work by offering flexible formal education and by building alliances with public schools to help them transform from stand-alone schools to systems-based multiservice centers.
We work with community leaders who share our passion for learning equity, providing them with the resources and support they need to make a difference in their communities. Our goal is to create sustainable change that will benefit generations of children to come. With your support, we can continue to empower children and give them the tools they need to succeed.
Our organization is dedicated to transforming the lives of children in Mexico who are at risk of falling behind in their education. We believe that every child has the potential to succeed and we strive to provide them with the resources and support they need to achieve their goals. Our mission is to support local community leaders who share our commitment to improving learning equity and to work together to create a brighter future for the next generation. We aim to build a strong and sustainable network of educators, volunteers, and supporters who are united in their passion for education and social justice.
Our vision is for every child in Mexico to have equal opportunities to access quality education and realize their full potential through a community-led approach that supports and promotes local leaders to drive change and create lasting impact. We strive to create a society where learning equity is a reality and all children have the tools they need to build a better future for themselves and their communities.
Formal Flexible Schooling for at-risk students
Through this program, we provide formal flexible schooling for students between the ages of 7 and 18 who have dropped out of school due to poverty and or migratory mobility.
Redes Que Educan
Redes Que Educan is dedicated to transforming the educational experience of students, teachers, and parents in communities across the country. By identifying barriers to learning and participation and offering personalized intervention plans, we strive to promote progress and strengthen the skills of everyone involved.
Supporting Grassroots Efforts to Mitigate Learning Inequality in Mexico
We focus on providing resources, support, and mentorship to grassroots initiatives that promote learning equity. We work with community leaders to identify areas where our support can have the greatest impact, providing training, funding, and other resources to help them achieve their goals.
During the 2021-2022 school year, EDUPAM developed a Community Learning Center in Quintana Roo. Through the pilot stage of the program, we reintegrated 45 students into formal education.
Baja California Norte
In Baja California Norte, the program currently has two sites within public schools. Teachers who are part of the program participate by giving two extra hours of class from Monday through Thursday focused on literacy or ESL and receive four hours of professional development and coaching weekly.
During the 2021-2022 school year, EDUPAM positively impacted the lives of:
- 95 students within our systemic and intensive programs.
- 160 students by increasing the impact of teacher practice.
Our impact goal for 2022-2023 is to increase our impact:
- One model school in Tijuana with 350 students.
- 1470 students by increasing the impact of teacher practices.
- 1455 parents by increasing parent involvement and workshops.
Tijuana, Baja California
Tecate, Baja California
Puerto Aventuras, Quintana Roo
En Yalcobá y Sisbichén, estamos trabajando en estrecha colaboración con las comunidades para promover la educación inclusiva y brindar oportunidades de aprendizaje a niños, niñas y jóvenes.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Mexico has an average of 8.8 years of schooling.
- Only 4 out of 10 Mexican students finish their high school.
- Immigrant children are 1.4 times more vulnerable than a non-immigrant child and they are 3.2 times more likely to be out of school compared to a non-immigrant child.
- The closure of schools and other learning spaces has affected 94% of the world’s student population, up to 99% in low- and lower-middle-income countries.
WHY join our cause?
- With the COVID-19 pandemic and the migratory return of thousands of Mexicans, communities need support to reopen, rebuild, integrate and restructure education.
- In Mexico there are many closed schools. And the recent cancellation of full-time schools.
- It is necessary to generate complementary spaces for the public school to guarantee that girls, boys and young people are developing in safe, comprehensive and coexistence environments.
- The research and technical support center will positively impact the practices of thousands of teachers and has a rigorous monitoring system for the evaluation of our programs.